Monday 2 September 2013

the august 'classic'

Gave; 'Cassadega' by Bright Eyes.
Received; 'People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm
' by A Tribe Called Quest.

Oh come on, two days after the end of August ain't too bad, right?

A really good cd this. One of the best of the year, pushing mr. eno and his pal close in the top of the classic swap list.

Lot's to keep your head engaged and rhythms to inspire some cross-kitchen bounces.

I realise that my 'classics' write ups are getting shorter and shorter. It's partly because I have been leaving it later and later to do them, but also because i cringe a bit when i read back my attempts to describe and critique music in this way. Writing isn't my bag.

Three more classics to go. The end is in sight!

A mark for the tribe? ..........8.5/10. And you can take that to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment